- Dampen your face. Wash the skin with a face wash or face scrub if you are not clean yet.
- Take a dollop of the shaving cream. Massage it in using circular motions ont the skin surface to be shaved. Make sure you have clean hands. It is possible to use a brush. But sometimes the cream migrates into the bristles and does not move over to your skin.
- Perform your shave using a razor blade, safety razor or cut-throat razor.
- Rinse the skin and apply more shaving cream if needed. Try with water only first as some creams can create enough lather when more water is added. The cream residues on the skin might be enough to do a second shave.
- When you are satisfied with your shave, rinse the skin thoroughly from all soap rests. Rinse with cold water to close the pores and settle the skin.
- Moisturize using an after shave balm or your face cream.
The simplicity makes the brushless shaving creams so popular. You get a feeling of creaminess but avoid using a brush and can control the amount of lather in an easier way. Since many brushless shaving creams are low lathering they suit perfectly for precision shaving and for fine lines in the face.